IELTS CANCELLATION | REFUND POLICY
Request for cancellation or postponement of your test must be made strictly 5 weeks before the test date via email or in person only. Telephone cancellation or postponement will not be accepted.
• Cancellation more than five weeks ahead of the test date – you will receive a full refund.
• Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation, no refund will be issued, and you must register and pay again if you wish to take the test on another date *
* Candidates seeking cancellation or transfer, or those who fail to appear for their scheduled test, can receive a refund if they can provide evidence that their ability to sit for the test has been affected by serious illness or cause:
• Serious Illness – hospital admission or serious injury
• Loss or Bereavement – death of a close family member
• Hardship/Trauma – victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident
• Military Service
You must complete a “Request for Refund” or “Test Day Transfer Form” and attach appropriate documentation and/or evidence; such as a medical certificate from a qualified public hospital, a death notice or certificate or a police report. Fill in the forms and email us